Thursday 29 March 2007

mini miracles and more to come

On Monday morning I had to go to Durban to sort out a visa for one of our choir members. I really wanted to listen to a particular worship CD but with only a radio in the car that wasn't going to work (I have a CD player that came with the car, but it's never worked ;( )
In any case, as I was having breakfast, the Holy Spirit told me to take my walkman with me and to plug it into the tape (via special tape thing brought from UK, which has never worked) and so I thought that I'd try, not really thinking much of it...

And, guess what? It worked perfectly!

Hallelujah! Now I can choose what music to listen to ;-) And praise the Lord wherever I'm going to, not just in my house... the miracle is two-fold - 1. that it worked all of a sudden, 2. that I heard the Holy Spirit correctly and did as I was told!

So here's another miracle we need...

Tomorrow I fly home. At the airport there's a wheelchair for our little boy with cerebral palsy that has been generously donated by a volunteer's family. A group was supposed to pick it up but couldn't at the last minute, so it's my job to collect it on the way home. Only now I find out that I have to be there before 3pm to collect it. Which would be fine, except I have to leave here in the morning (all sorted) and haven't got a clue where to find the place holding the wheel chair. (if you've never been to JNB, it's big and dangerous!)

So I need prayer for:
  • Finding the right desk in time
  • getting round the airport safely with all my bags and not getting any hassle from anyone wishing to remove one of my bags from me!
  • not having to pay too much to retrieve said wheelchair
  • being able to transfer my flight to an earlier one (or else I'm faced with a possible 6hr sit-in at the domestic terminal)

JNB on a Friday afternoon is not a nice place to be. Throw in the slight sniff of a thunderstorm anywhere in South Africa and the whole airport goes into chaos. Add the weekend returnees and it makes for a fun mix. I did once have an amazing quiet time during a loooooong wait at JNB... but let's see what adventures God has in store for me tomorrow...