Monday 17 September 2007

intermittent ramblings...

September 17, 2007
For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.
Romans 12:3-5

This was the Bible verse on Facebook today. Just put it on to remind me...

I've been off-internet again, the frustration continues... it's not going to go away.. But the joy of making it to an internet cafe supercedes that and being able to communicate with people who care overrides all annoyance!

Life is fraught with annoying people and situations at the moment, wonder if this is a test of my patience. It's certainly testing... Seems like I am suddenly surrounded by 'challenging' people... Pray for everything I need to live as a child of God in this place. I need support...

Have been busy working on a few workshops and meetings, which are too complex to describe, but they are keeping me occupied a lot. And I need to develop the learnings too. I struggle with this kind of work, I'm not a secretary and I only like Admin if it means I get to spend time with lots of people also, so I'm seriously challenged about my 'office' role at the moment. Lots of thinking about the future. Have some great ideas but don't know the 'how' yet. If they are from God then that will fall into place, so I'm not that worried...

On a different note, we gained 2 more children yesterday, rescued from near tragic situation in the valley. They are doing well and settling in. One is a baby and one is 3, the 3 yr old has a similar name to someone in creche so they were having fun with that last night! This is the first time we've taken in children since I've been here. It's weird that our big family here has increased overnight so unexpectedly. Pray for the children's mother who is in hospital, seriously ill.

ok, time is up here at the internet cafe! Thank you for continuing to pray and support me, even if communication this year seems fraught with difficulties... well, it is Africa after all so I don't know why I'm worried...