Tuesday 11 September 2007

Klutz...

I think I'm becoming a klutz.

First of all I have the whole car light incident (see previous entry), then I manage to lose my car in another mall car park on Sunday and end up exceeding the time on the ticket. Following this I manage to drive into a multi-storey car park at JHB airport looking for the petrol station and have to ask nicely for the security to let me out again immediately (which they did!) .

And then yesterday I went down the valley to visit a preschool with a new volunteer and warned her about the slippiness of a gravel slope you have go down to get into the school. I've been there so many times and never had problems and yesterday I went straight over and slid (gracefully, I like to think) down the slope, grazing my leg and cutting my toe in the process... hmm. Klutzy...

And then I manage to drop my lunch on the floor so that the cats got a good meal of smoked chicken and I had to make do with eggs...

what is going on???!!

Am annoyed this morning because my toe still hurts and I couldn't go to my dance lesson, which means I have no opportunity for exercise this week at all (not good for my health!!) I'm in a workshop from tomorrow to Friday. I think I'll live, although walking is a little painful. It's not a doctor-worthy injury though, but I'm glad I have an automatic car so I don't need to use that leg! This was my first 'accident' since I arrived in S.Africa so it was kind of exciting, although a trifle painful too... Glad I've had all my shots!