Friday 11 January 2008

random update


It's Friday afternoon and I've not had chance to blog all week, but then it's been a fairly busy week. I've started sorting through my stuff and there's a lot to do...


I'm looking forward to coming back to the UK (arrival date: Fri Feb 8th!) but keep waking up wishing I could magically just be there as I don't want to go through the hassle of packing etc. I'm giving most of my stuff away to a family in the valley who will appreciate it a lot, so that's one less thing to worry about, but I still have to get it to them and then sell my car!


This morning we were unable to go to the local Spar supermarket because someone had come at 2am, planted 2 bombs and blown up two of the cash machines there, which then led to a shoot out with security. Apparently there's a big whole where one of the machines was, whereas the other bank has already replaced theirs... Such is life in the 'new South Africa'...


I only have 2 'weekend off's left and am making the most of the sunshine tomorrow by heading to the beach somewhere near Durban. It's all fairly beautiful there so don't have to decide until I get there. I was thinking about what to do and remembered that going to the ocean is not going to be possible soon so I'd better make the most of it while I can...