Friday 17 August 2007

GET REAL WOMEN'S CONFERENCE 2007

I'm not going to write much now, as it's getting late.

The reason I came back to Joburg when I did was to attend the Rhema Church 'Get Real' Women's Conference, and it's been a truly awesome experience so far. I say 'so far' because there's still one more day to go. But already God has moved in such an incredible way.

I think it's the 2nd year this conference has run. Registrations were up 3000% this year and more people attend than to the normal church conference. Possibly because although this is a women's conference, men can also register! Only in Africa I guess. There are quite a few hopping around, but as the daily attendance is around 5000 people, you don't really notice them.

I'm going to save the 'what's happened to me' section for another post after the end of the time together. There have been some anointed speakers though - Sarah Omakwu from Nigeria, Christine Caine from Hillsongs Australia, Margaret Stunt from Hillsongs London, Zelda McCauley from Rhema Church, Rochelle Niemans from El Paso, Texas and Darlene Zschech from Hillsongs, Australia. If you know any of these women, you'll know how amazing they are, if you don't know about them and you are a woman of God, then you should.

My favourite bit so far was when Darlene Zschech was due to speak this morning and just decided to speak for 5 minutes and then do a worship session instead. It was so powerful, the Holy Spirit was working and many many women were set free from grief and loss in that time. Words can't truly express of convey the atmosphere in that auditorium when arguably the world's best worship team are leading us in giving praise and adoration to our heavenly Father. Tonight, 7000 people jumping and singing along to 'How great is our God' is a memory I will take with me to heaven one day (and probably repeat there too!). God is great, He's the greatest.

Tomorrow, after some more great teaching, a small group of us are visiting an outreach project and orphanage just outside the city. Should be interesting and challenging, and for me a good way to get ideas! And then in the evening there's the official Hillsongs Worship evening (tonight was merely a kind of warm up!)

Sunday sees me back in KZN, and launching into the next phase of my life in Africa, well prepared from this week of teaching and refreshing to do what the Lord wants me to do there. There are some big plans coming my way, I can sense it. And it's going to be an incredibly exciting year with God in control!