Saturday 11 August 2007

Ipswich

Am enjoying a relaxing weekend in Ipswich chez my sister and brother-in-law. Great for Wi-Fi connection ;-)

We spent the best part of today on the shingle-covered beach at Felixstowe, making the most of the summer sunshine. Most of the summer sunshine seems to have focussed on my knees, which now look about the same colour as my orange/pink/red sundress I'm planning on wearing tomorrow... despite the suncream...
That is going to hurt tomorrow, especially with the 3 hour drive back to Stratford.

L&R are mad keen on sea-kayaking and spent most of the afternoon exploring the sea. Being now accustomed to warmer waters of the Indian ocean (ahem, I've never swum there either!) , I chose instead to finish several of my books.

I've been reading a book called 'There's always enough' by Heidi and Rolland Baker who run Iris Ministries in Mozambique. Managed to finish it today and have been profoundly challenged and inspired by these people who have given their whole lives to Jesus and travel simply, speaking of him and praying with and for people. The miracles that follow them are incredible. They've worked through some of the worst floods ever to reach the unreachable people in the middle of nowhere, and the Holy Spirit turns up again and again, bringing people back into a living relationship with Jesus, their only hope. It's about laying down our lives and dying to ourselves every day so that He might live and work through us. Not easy, but essential for abundant life.

I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with Jesus in Johannesburg next week. For some reason every time I go to Joburg it's a good time spiritually so I'm praying that the Rhema Women's Conference will be no exception. Good to get all my priorities lined up before I head back to work. Pray for me, that God will move in a big way. He is Lord and He is in control, no matter how big the mountains ahead of me seem to be. He is enough.

Not sure when I'll next blog, it might well be when I'm back in Cato Ridge...