Tuesday 9 October 2007

Rain

It has rained solidly here since Sunday afternoon. We had a brief thunderstorm yesterday to make things slightly more exciting, but apart from that it's wall-to-wall rain, a grey blanket across the skies and a lot of mud and potholes. The track that leads from the tar road up to here is now full of holes and water, making any attempt at negotiating it hazardous. Unfortunately it's the only way out of here.
I couldn't go to small group at church last night. Driving was too hazardous and it was very dark.. Annoying as they were going to pray for me.
One of my preschools was closed today too due to the bad rain, and at another one attendance was low. When the weather is this bad people don't leave home.
Apparently it's due to get better on Thursday, but that's 2 more days of rain... it's bad enough up here on the top of a hill, I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like in the muddy valleys...

And it doesn't help that I'm waking every morning depressed. I know something is wrong because normally I wake up in a good mood, but for a while now I've been waking in a weird mood, kind of gloomy. It's like I've turned into Eeyore and everything is a chore. I keep falling asleep too easily too... (so far I missed the only goal in last week's Man U v AS Roma match AND the end of The Matrix... it's not good) . I've tried praying it off but wonder if it's something I've got to go through and that things will get better soon. I hope they do. Please pray with me through this. God is faithful, but for some reason I'm just glum...