Wednesday 9 May 2007

work...

I don't know what is going on, but since Monday morning when I started work, I feel like I've not stopped. It's like a whirlwind of things to sort out. Plans I've made about what to do each day have gone out of the window in favour of small disasters and other little issues that I've been faced with each day. I've started work around 7 am and am finishing late in the evening.
Yesterday I think I survived on almond chocolate and was still typing around 10pm when I forced myself to give up. My head hits the pillow and I'm out like a light until the alarm wakes me at 6 the next morning...
And the weird thing is, it's actually quite enjoyable to get things done. A lot of the time has been spent driving round the valleys picking up various people, going to home affairs/post office/Spar etc and then taking them home. But I've achieved various goals and now we have almost everything ready for an audit visit tomorrow that I'm in charge of. It's only a small percentage of my job that we're dealing with - Lifeskills facilitators, but I think we're ready and I'm hoping this is not going to be some kind of NGO version of Ofsted inspection (although I did quite enjoy my Ofsted inspection when I was Headteacher - mostly because I was taken off-timetable to host!) ... in any case, my head is now a bit fuzzy...
I had to make sure our life-skills library is all ready this afternoon. The older kids have been using it for homework room, it was a TIP! Fortunately for me I had some little helpers in the form of L (girl, aged 4) and A (boy, aged 6) in tidying up and it became a game to put the board games (Risk/Monopoly in a homework room? Hello?!?) , cuddly toys and other things away neatly. L was a little star and put all the rubbish in the bins, and moved all the chairs around .She was too small to move desks. A (and my family will know who I'm refering to here) decided the best way he could help was to put himself onto the shelf with the board games and to shut himself in there. (It kept him quiet for all of 30 seconds)... In any case, job done and we're all set...

my cellphone still not working... pray for a miracle (or at least that the guy in the phone shop can help me get it fixed.) I really miss not having internet access at home.