Wednesday 11 July 2007

the craziness continues...

The show in Rugby on Monday night was excellent, I hear. I took the evening off to try and recover some of my voice. On Tuesday I rescued the giraffes from Oxford and was a general packhorse with Mum's car, transporting various items of unwanted or 'not needed now' kit around Warwickshire!
The show last night in Rugby went ok, it was one of those evenings when things just seemed to go wrong backstage. We had cast members feeling ill, being ill, miscommunications, and the like. I'm still battling something (maybe just exhaustion) but it leaves me moody and easily annoyed (which is quite unlike me actually), despite the fact I managed to go a whole 24 hours without having to consume a sandwich* (thank goodness!!) For someone who tries to avoid eating bread, the tour is proving to be a trial....

* this word is not a good one to use around the YZW, already a case of 'familiarity breeds contempt'!

Today, however, I am taking a day off. It's little G's Birthday and we've got a family lunch to celebrate. My Mum finishes her job too today so it's a double celebration! Am looking forward to relaxing slightly before hitting the road again tomorrow, when we're all reuniting in Stirling.