Wednesday 20 June 2007

and we're off...

I'm writing this from my hotel room in Benoni, Joburg... am up for CASNET for the next 2 days, networking with the most amazing people from all over South Africa who are working with children and education and NGOs etc. I always meet the most interesting people here, usually with interesting African names too, that make it hard for me to remember from one meeting to the next.
In any case, we'll be discussing 'psychosocial support' over the next few days.
Then, on Friday night, I'll be heading up to the Northern Hemisphere ;-)
Am rejoicing that have finally managed to pack within the weight limit and feel virtuous. The cabin crew moved my rucksack from the overhead locker on the flight here this afternoon which nearly sent me into a panic as I'd slept most of the flight and to wake up and find your laptop not where you'd put it is quite scary... I nearly shouted 'hey someone's taken my bag!', but then remembered where I was and asked the extremely attractive pilot, who happened to be sitting nearby, to assist me. Nationwide airlines, eh. They are so nice.