Tuesday 26 June 2007

Green and Pleasant Land - Parte the Second

Catching up with friends on Sunday night was great, but it didn't feel like I've been away 10 months, seemed like only last week...
Wandering round Leamington during the afternoon was interesting too. There was a kind of nostalgia accompanied by a definite sense that 'I don't live here anymore', in a neutral kind of way, it wasn't upsetting or exciting, just matter of fact. but that's ok, cos I now live somewhere else...
Starbucks now has a card so you can pay with that. The girl there excitedly told me that it's international, not much use in a country where Starbucks doesn't exist though... perhaps I can use it in Dubai on my return to SA later in the summer?
My niece now remembers who I am (she's nearly 2 so quite small still). She was a little wary at first, but when I let her jump on my bed and fling my teddy bear around she warmed up immediately. It's important to be just plain silly with small people. Some more quality time should follow today...

Monday was overshadowed by my long-overdue dental treatment, which isn't normally a problem. But this time the dentist must have put the needle into a nerve or something, leaving me with pain from my head right down to my shoulder when the anaesthetic wore off... I was not a happy bunny with my head throbbing and my credit card still shaking from the cost of it too. So much money, so much pain... (and the realisation that I should have just gone in hillcrest, after all, months ago).

However, you'll all be pleased to know that I feel much better today, after 12hours sleep and many painkillers. Today I'm back off to Leam to see some more family and get ready for the start of the London trek tomorrow, although I have a couple of days there to prepare for the YZW's arrival on Friday morning.

If you still haven't got tickets to see the Young Zulu Warriors in Concert:
www.godsgoldenacre.org.uk
and click on Latest News

Miss it and you WILL kick yourself....

Right, I'm off to investigate the depths of my wardrobe to see what clothes I left behind here last year, it's quite exciting as I rediscover things I'd forgotten I owned... ;-)