Sunday 8 April 2007

Family Visit 4

St Lucia

I've already done an entry on St Lucia when I came here in January. It's still a tourist spot much as I described before (check out http://carolineinsa.blogspot.com (my old blog) and go to the January entries if you missed it)

After an incredibly muggy start, yesterday we were plagued with heavy downpours, although I managed to avoid getting wet. L,R and Dad were out for a stroll when the worst came down, it was kind of like someone turning on a power shower and then turning it off again...

I spent most of yesterday struggling to fight off a migraine (holiday detoxing from work maybe?) but am much better today after much sleep.

After the rain passed we drove up through Greater St Lucia Wetlands Game Reserve to Cape Vidal, although it was a much different picture to when I went in the Summer, this time the tide was high, the beach was covered in debris and the waves were vicious, probably a throwback to the recent storms and waves that pounded the coastline. We are becoming experts on the various antelope, although the park was strangely devoid of buffalo and wildebeest yesterday. The highlight was seeing a hippo in the middle of a stretch of swampy grassland...