Monday 23 April 2007

redecorating



First picture - before.
'What an interesting shade of mould you have in your bathroom!' was R's opening comment on arrival in my house...
Second Picture - after the first coat of 'Arctic Blue' - much better
So I've set about my new task with gusto... I think my bathroom was the worst hit in terms of the mould that had been causing my cough and general ill-health, so it seemed the obvious place to start. I must admit I had help for the first coat of paint which we did yesterday, but this evening I decided to do the second coat.
Not so easy when the kitchen light has blown and the bathroom light stays on for a while then has a rest for a few minutes, plus the roller decided to fall apart mid roll and I managed to get paint all over me it seems... it somehow seemed easier in the day! However I did get it all done so am happy! Even if I am applying somewhat unorthodox methods...
And after all the search for something to kill the mould, good old Mr Muscle has come through again! It smells a bit of bleach so I felt like I was living in a swimming pool changing room for a while, but thankfully it passed fairly quickly...
The next challenge is my living room, a much bigger area!